Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mary Mary quite contrary

Our garden is coming along. The green beans are ready to pick.

The squash are in full bloom.

Several tomatoes developing. Yumm.

The grapes are doing well. There are soo many bunches I cannot count or keep up. Let's just hope the nets keep the birds from eating them before we can. I am on the hunt for an owl decoy this afternoon, because the nets are not keeping the squirrels and raccoons away.

I also found this little guy nested between two grapes, I am pretty sure he would have become a butterfly if I had left his cocoon there. He will have to find a new home, sorry guy, couldn't risk it.

Of our 5 fruit trees, 3 had a hard winter and will probably not produce any fruit this year. This one, however, is doing great. Thank goodness, we really enjoyed our limes last year.

Here is our pecan tree in bloom also. Again, if we could keep the pests away we would be able to enjoy these as well. The squirrels eat the pecans way before they are ripe, which leaves us empty handed.

 And finally a place to sit and enjoy the peaceful backyard.
The birds were chirping this morning as I drank my coffee.
(The chairs rock and the table has a fire pit insert as well.)

Stay tuned for more updates from the Carr house.
(The cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, jalapeno peppers, and cucumbers are still developing, no produce just yet.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - looks great! I unfortunately have brown thumbs! Ha!
    Hugs, Shatawn

    ReplyDelete