I know a lot of the ladies that read my blog live in the new southwest area of Katy, so I thought I would share something that happened last Friday night.
Some of our friends live in Pine Mill Ranch, right off of Spring Green. They have an eight year old daughter and the mom, Lauren, had just picked her up from school when she came home to find a strange car parked in her driveway and as far as she knew no one else was suppose to be at home. She left her daughter in the car and tapped on the car window (after seeing that there was a woman sitting in the driver seat). The woman rolled down her window. Lauren, says, "Can I help you?" The woman replied, "I am here for Dominique." Lauren says, "I'm sorry you must have the wrong address, this is my house and I do not know a Dominique." She said the woman looked very confused, but rolled up the window, backed out of the driveway and drove away. So Lauren waits to see her leave the neighborhood, opens the garage door, and pulls her car in. After attempting to open the door to the house from inside the garage, which was locked- they never lock that door, Lauren is starting to worry. She calls Carson, and he tells her not to worry, he may have accidentally locked it- can't remember. So Lauren unlocks the door, which goes into the Laundry room, only to find the next door locked as well. Now she is really begin to wonder, but realizing she is already in the house, she unlocks the next door as well and finds no one in the house. Wondering if it was just a fluke coincidence that both doors were locked and a total stranger had been parked in her driveway, Lauren starts to walk around and examine the house. Nothing missing, but there is a broken window in the back of the house. She gets in her car and leaves, immediately calling 911.
This is not the first time something like this has happened in our area. About 5 months ago another young couple in Katy had 2 men bust through their door (accessed via their garage) with guns, demanding wallets and keys, and grabbing everything they could carry. The couple was soo startled they could not spend the night there that night, and when they returned the next day, they found their Cinco Ranch home empty and gutted, appliances, carpet and all of their belongings. The men had returned to the home with the keys they had taken and took everything they could. The neighbors did not see anyone enter the home.
The police have descriptions of the men, and there is not necessarily a connection between them at all, but it makes me wonder why these two young couples were targeted. Please be aware of your surroundings and please be careful. Katy is a very low crime suburb of Houston, so this recent surge in break-ins is a little startling to me. I think a lot of us can be naive at times and assume nothing bad can happen to us, I mean why would it, but it does! Please say a prayer for Lauren and her family. This is a pretty scary thing that could have happened to any of us.
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago






No comments:
Post a Comment