It was hands down exactly what I needed. The entire weekend was perfect... hence the one lone photo.
Then came a series of exciting events, including a business lunch with customers. Okay I am being a little facetious here... it was not exciting. In fact it was downright stressful trying to find clothing that would fall under the "Business" category as opposed to "Business Casual" which I already struggle with everyday with an evergrowing baby bump. That has got to be one of the hardest things about being pregnant. It was exciting once it was over though.
Wednesday, however, was beyond exciting! Baby Mason had his very first shower, thrown by a very thoughtful and amazing group of women from Chris's work. I was overwhelmed with the details and contributions from everyone in the office. Chris and I just feel incredibly lucky to have such great people around us who are helping us during this exciting and overwhelming time. Here are a few pics from the shower: (Did I mention how great of a job they did!?!?!?)
Then came a surprise! This huge package was on the front porch when I came home from work on Wednesday. Holy Cow! I was literally jumping out of the car while still driving trying to see what it was. It was our crib! Chris's parents surprised us with it as a gift for Mason. We spent about an hour last night getting it all assembled and setup in the nursery and I am all smiles today thinking about it!
Finally, this coming weekend is a little bit of a mixed bag for me. Maternity photos. On one hand I am excited to be getting some photos to remember the joys of pregnancy and the entry into motherhood. And on the other hand I am just really fearful that every picture, no matter how cute everyone else thinks they are, will be more of a "fat face" memory for me. I know there are MANY women out there that would spend a decade pregnant if they could because they love it that much- and I love it too- but there are certain parts about being pregnant that you never really get used to, like looking in the mirror at yourself in awe when you don't feel nearly that big. So let's hope this photographer can work some magic for me and at least surprise with a few shots so that I can look past my vain and selfish vulnerability and see the mircale of it all- I am giving life to another human being people!
On that note, since I am being way too serious, I thought I would make light of the situation and share some, um, shall we call them awkward maternity photos that I gathered from the internet (let me apologize for posting pictures of random women- it's not fair to them, but I am not at all making fun of them, just the photo and its message). Enjoy:
So wish me luck. I have no clue what I am going to wear or what "poses" I am hoping to get, but at least I have an idea of what I do not want to do.
Meanwhile, here is my updated to-do list (feeling very proud of what is done!):
Take maternity pictures this weekend-
Fill in baby book/ pregnancy journal where possible.
Finish reading
Curtains for Nursery
Keep up with thank you notes for shower gifts
Birth plan
Write a will
Third (and final) ultrasound
Buy remaining items off of registries
Pack hospital bag
Install car seat
Wow, that was a lot! Hope everyone else is having a great week. Stay tuned for the final nursery reveal, hoping to have the bedding and curtains in the nursery next week!












How awesome that they had such a great shower for you!!
ReplyDeleteYay for a new crib too!! Love Linda working her butt off putting it together!! ;)
You and Chris looke SUPER cute too next to Masons bed!
Girl..I dont know how you have done so much already! Your list is looking GREAT!!
(see, your randome post made for one random comment! ha)
Love the crib and can't wait to see the next nursery pictures!!
ReplyDeleteSo funny because I took a picture holding a watermelon and gun too, Kyle's idea. BAHAHAHAHA, J/J!!!! Those are ridiculously funny!!!! And don't worry the fat face is something to look back and laugh at because once you loose the weight you'll be in awe over how big you actually were when you didn't know it! =) At least I was! You look great! Can't wait til next weekend!!!!
Yeah for his crib! Everything is falling into place and you are doing a fantastic job. Take it easy and enjoy the photo shoot :)
ReplyDelete