Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Advice, please.

Attention all moms. You may remember awhile back I cleaned out the future nursery closet. And here is how it looked afterwards (please excuse the poor angles and poor quality):





I know it is hard to tell from these pictures, but this closet is large, I mean 5' x 8' large. The entire left side wall is bare. The back wall has one 6' tall shelf and the right wall has two shelves (the top one being way out of my reach).

My question for all of you moms out there is this: Is there anything you would recommend that I do to this closet before it is filled to the brim? Any organization gurus out there that could see some improvements to be made here?

This may be a dead end road, but I am curious if anyone that already has kids can tell me what would help the functionality of this closet for a growing boy?

2 comments:

  1. With all of the onesies and little outfits, one dresser isn't going to cut it. I think you could make a ton of use out of that closet by getting one of these - http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=533944&parentCategoryId=85182&categoryId=117649&subCategoryId=117655
    It will help with all of the little baby things that you need quickly but don't want to set out on a shelf (burp cloths, bibs, etc), and as Mason grows, it will hold much more, and give him some independence as far as picking out his own clothes. I could go on about its merits, but I'm sure you can see them in the catalog yourself. One Step Ahead makes these, I'm sure there's a version elsewhere as well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, you could use that design, but make a built-in on the blank side wall . . . that would work really nice, I'm sure! Just make the dimensions big enough to hold those fabric cube bins. They sell those at Target, Ikea, etc, so you could get the dimensions.

    Apologize in advance to Chris for me for suggesting the built-in. :)

    ReplyDelete