Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekly Gratitude

I am grateful this week for ...
  • A heartbeat! We got to hear our baby's heartbeat yesterday at our 11 week appointment. Isn't technology great?!?! Next appointment is in 5 weeks, at our 16 week mark.
  • A supportive and excited group of work colleagues. That's right, the dreaded day of reveal came and went- just like that. Everyone is incredibly curious and encouraging, which is more than I could have possibly hoped for. Phew! Glad that is off my list. Check.
  • Jesus. The anchor of my soul. He keeps me grounded and guides my life. I am so grateful to have that, because many are unaware that is the key missing element in their life. Knowing is believing.
  • A slight glimpse of an appetite has crept forward these last several days. Grateful for that and hoping it doesn't fade away.
  • Feeling loved again.... huh? Most of us can recall every major milestone in our lives because of the joy we felt from the support of those really important people in our lives. Graduating high school & college, getting engaged and later married, and yes of course having children. I suddenly realized today, at this new milestone in our life, that I love feeling loved! I am sure I sound pathetic right now, so let's blame it on the hormones : p but isn't it nice when you get an unexpected gift or note in the mail from someone, just letting you know they were thinking about you? It makes me realize I need to be the person who sends love too. Sure it feels great to be the receiver, but it feels just as great to make someone else's day too! Spread the love. :)
I acknowledge that I take these things for granted each and every day and am fully aware that there are many people in this world that do not share my same gratitudes from which God has given me happiness. What are you grateful for today? Much, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment