Thursday, March 10, 2011

35 Week Update

How far along? 35 weeks- 35 days left to due date.

Baby's size? Clocking in at about 18 1/4 inches long and 5.5 lbs.

Weight Gain? 26 lbs.

Sleep? I have mastered the 2 hour sleep cycle. Now if I could just figure out how to continue this while at work that would be great. :) Who needs sleep anyways? We can all sleep when we are dead.

Food? Just part of my daily routine at this point. I eat because I must. Big meals are still incredibly uncomfortable for me so I try hard to eat small meals and healthy snacks in between- which is really hard when you are super busy.

Movement? Still active as ever. Some people recommend "kick counts", and even though my doctor has never suggested it to me, I did try it once. The goal is to time how long it takes your baby to kick 10 times (typically around an hour). Ten minutes into it I got distracted and forgot I was suppose to be paying attention. Ehh oh well. I know he is active, and that's enough for me, and apparently for my doctor too.

Symptoms? Biggest symptom these days is the pressure on my poor bladder. It doesn't matter if I just went to the restroom moments ago or an hour ago, as soon as I stand up it feels like I have to go again. Not a fun feeling, but the best part is when little Mason burrows his noggin' into my bladder. I think he is secretly trying to make it better, he just doesn't quite understand. :)

What I miss? I can't really say this enough. I miss sleep, but I don't think that will be fixed anytime soon. Mostly I just miss the energy that I had during the 2nd and most of the 3rd trimester up until a few weeks ago.

What I will miss? Me time. I can only imagine that this will be hard to come by once this little man arrives. It's a whole new ball game when someone else is 100% dependent on you 100% of the time. Let's face it, even your pet can be left alone, unattended for several hours at a minimum. Of course I will not want to take my eyes off of our sweet little boy. A sacrifice I am willing to make. :)

What I'm looking forward to? My niece is scheduled to be born exactly 2 weeks from today. Even though I will not be traveling to Dallas to see her right away since I could very well go into labor myself (being 5 hours away from my doctor is not a great idea) and because I would have to take off time from work (not ideal since I am saving my days for my maternity leave) I will definitely be seeing her as soon as I am physically able to and of course will be getting tons of emails, texts, and updates from our family. Even though I would love to meet Mason in 2 weeks, I really hope for my family's sake that my sister and I are not in labor on or near the same day.

Best Moments this week: Finishing the nursery and completing our to-do list, finally! It feels so great to be ready and still have several weeks to relax and enjoy some time with Chris.

Weekly Wisdom: These last nine months have flown by, and I know the next few weeks will be no different. I am going to soak up this moment with my first true love and let him know how important he is to me. It's been hard these last few months to give him that undivided attention. We have been together now for over 9 years and it's hard to imagine what our life will be like once this new member of our family arrives, and yet once Mason is here it will be hard for us to imagine what our life would have been like without him.

The bump:  (Not sure why it came out so fuzzy)


Next appointment: In 2 weeks, on Monday, March 21st. We will have our final ultrasound and be checked for progress by the doctor. Let's hope for some progress!

2 comments:

  1. cherish every last second you have with just you and chris. life really will never be the same. my suggestion? take a day soon before his arrival, for strictly you and chris....dinner, movies, pedicures/massages. it will feel really good for both of you!

    the "me" time: yes, kiss this goodbye, but even if it's just for two hours, you'll need to spend a little bit away from mason every once in a while to recharge your batteries. it's healthy for both of you.

    looking great!

    ReplyDelete