Monday, February 20, 2012

Sew Fun!

I have a secret...

I am a closet sewer now, well not literally. I do not sew in the closet, I sew in my craft room, but I have been secretly sewing away at some special items for family and friends for the last 3 months.

I knew I would enjoy sewing, and I knew it would be a little challenging, but it is a lot more fun than I was expecting. (Yes I just equated sewing with fun. Oh the life of a working mom.) But seriously, the possibilities are endless. I will admit, though, that at times being an impatient person doesn't bode well with sewing.... and in the end I think sewing will finally force me to have some patience.

Even though, I cannot share all of my completed projects just yet (I haven't given them all to their recipients), here is my first completed sewing project: a matching family wardrobe: Chris and Mason's matching pajamas, and shorts for muah from the leftover fabric. Even though Chris would not model the pants for the camera, he wears them literally almost every night which makes me smile! : )

Stay tuned: I will be sure to share the next projects when I can!






I couldn't have been happier for have such a handsome model for my new clothing... :)


Love him.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! You are talented Holly! I wish I was brave about using my sewing machine. Maybe you can give me a lesson. :)
    Hugs, Shatawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I totally need to bust my sewing machine out of the closet and learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see all of your projects!! They turned out great and I think your model is pretty darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! I bought a sewing machine but still haven't learned a thing!!! Way to go!! =)

    ReplyDelete